ZZzzzZZzZZZzzzZzzZZZZ Nom Nom Nom ZZZZZZzZZZZzzz…. wha? wha? oh, oh no no no. I wasn't sleeping. It's time for ….Thursday Thirteen.
1. Cats conserve energy by sleeping an average of 13 to 14 hours a day.
2. A group of cats is called a clowder. A male cat is a Tom. A female cat is called a molly or a queen and a young cat is a kitten.
3. The heaviest domestic cat on record is 46 lb., 15.2 oz.
4. When cats walk, their back paws step almost exactly in the same place as their front paw did beforehand.
5. Cats have powerful night vision, allowing them at light levels six times lower than what a human needs in order to see.
6. Cats have excellent hearing and a powerful sense of smell.
7. There are over 500 million domestic cats in the world.
8. Cats are one of, if not the most, popular pet in the world.
9. Cats don't see in black and white, but they are somewhat colorblind.
10. Your cat brings you prey as an act of kindness.
11. Cats are imitating snakes when they hiss.
12. Cats knock objects over and off edges to test for hidden prey.
13. Cats have a third eyelid.