It's now time for:
This week's Thursday Thirteen is...
Amazing Facts About Cats:
- A domestic cat is the only cat species that can hold it's tail vertically while walking. All wild cats hold their tails horizontally or tucked between their legs while walking.
- Sir Isaac Newton invented the cat door.
- The giraffe, camel and cat are the only four legged animals that walk by moving both their left feet, then both their right feet.
- A group of kittens is called a kindle. (I always thought it was a litter and that kindle was a book thing from Amazon)
- A group of grown cats is called a clowder.
- Cats rub against purrsons, other cats, dogs, etc. to mark them with their scent glands. They most often use the scent glands between their eyes and ears.
- A cat that bites a purrson after a tummy rub is probably doing so out of pleasure, not anger.
- Egyptians shaved their eyebrows as a sign of mourning after losing a beloved cat.
- A cat has 24 whiskers which it uses for measuring distance.
- A cat can see 6 times better than a bean at night.
- A domestic kitty can sprint about 31 miles an hour.
- Most cats do not have eyelashes.
- A quivering tail is one of the greatest expressions of adoration a cat can bestow upon a bean.
Click here to see more Thursday Thirteen participants. Back to bitey the Doctor.